Microsoft’s Power Platform includes Power BI for visualizing data and Power Apps for writing custom business applications. Power Platform adds services for business intelligence, app development and app connectivity. It is much more than a mere sum of its parts. An amazing connectivity within itself and to Office 365, Dynamics 365, Azure as well as hundreds of other apps and ability to build end-to-end business solutions make Power Platform a WOW product.
The Power Platform includes four components:
- Build mobile-friendly apps quickly and without development knowledge
- Connect to and surface data from your business applications, such as Dynamics 365 and Office 365
- Surface key data into a user-friendly app to help data entrt
- Use pre-built automation templates for common automations
- Create you own automations by connecting various applications, such as Outlook, SharePoint Dynamics 365 or non-Microsoft apps
- Set up triggers, alerts, automated emails, push notifications and much more – with no coding and in minutes
- Click and connect with Microsoft and third-party cloud services, as well as on-premise data sources
- Easily manipulate data and create visuals, such as charts, dashboards, maps and many more
- Use natural language to query data and get results
Power Virtual Agent
- Power Virtual Agents, provide exceptional support to customers and employees with AI-driven virtual agents. Easily create and maintain bots with a no-code interface.
What Is Common Data Service?
Common Data Service is the storage service for any data held within Power Platform. More importantly, for users of online versions of Microsoft Dynamics 365, the Common Data Service already holds all of your data. We can begin our projects using a Common Data Service database and either a Model Driven or Canvas Power Apps (or both). We finally have the “CDS” concept in technology and licensing (via the P1 and P2 PowerApps licensing). Since the applications are built on a Common Data Service database based on a Common Data Model, it becomes a much easier task to link to other applications or even eventually upgrade to Dynamics 365 apps.
Why is the Power Platform so important?
- Helps to get tangible value out of huge data
- The Power Platform enables data democratization – the ability for digital information to be accessible to the typical (non-technical) end user
- It provides three technologies that allow staff to do more with their data themselves without coding knowledge
- It helps in creating stunning visuals that tell your company story
- It helps in building custom apps in hours, not days or weeks
- It facilitates through working smarter and more efficiently by automating workflows
- It enables to realize the potential of the full Microsoft Stack
- It has Built-in connectivity to over 200 cloud services, database and web APIs is available with hybrid connectivity to on-premise systems and flexibility to create custom connectors.
- It can collaborate on shared dashboards and interactive reports.
- A Power App can be a mobile phone or tablet application (published on iOS, Android, and Windows application stores) or a browser-based application (published as a web site).
- Variety of formats available including ArcGIS maps, Word clouds, Traffic lights, Tree maps, Speedometers
- Power Apps dramatically accelerates the speed at which both internal and customer-facing business apps can be built, connected and rolled out to any device
- It’s a tool that even non-programmers can use to build cross-product and cross-business apps
- Business apps created with Power Apps improve productivity by allowing people to work quicker and smarter by having the data they need at their fingertips, wherever they are.
What Scaleable Solutions can do for you?
- Help our clients in automating various manual and mundane tasks – leaving time for them to do other important things
- Optimize user adoption with an app that’s available on iOS, Android, Windows 10 devices, and the web
- Empowering users to perform tasks with minimal clicks and swipes
- Secure Business Intelligence for your organization
- Securely connect to on-premises data and cloud-based services to make the most of the data you already have
- Manage licensing for Power Apps through the Office 365 Admin Portal
- Make decisions in your workflow, e.g., run an action only when certain conditions are met
- Embed Power Apps into your organization’s website and other solutions that are used internally
- Help you digitally transform and modernize your business applications and processes using one low-code platform.
- Build business apps that take advantage of device capabilities including cameras, GPS and touch controls, run on any device and are fully customized for your business requirements.
Types of Microsoft Power Apps
- start with the data source(s), and bring in the design afterwards (most useful for Dynamics 365 data sources)
- start by designing the look and feel of the app, and connect to data source(s) as you go (most useful for other data sources)
- for creating web portals, allowing customers, employees, partners, or wider communities to interact with you via a dedicated application
Together, Power BI, Power Apps and Power Automate provide an incredibly powerful set of services that enable organizations to identify areas for improvement, create solutions, and automate actions.
One-Platform Infinite Possibilities
Engage your employees and customers – Instant customer or staff surveys, event-specific sign-ups and support, and workplace/location/campus-specific resources.
Run your business everywhere – Issue tracking across systems, breaking customer news and success stories, assisted sales/customer experiences.
Mobilized mission-critical systems – SharePoint apps, time and expenses tracking, ERP and MS Dynamics 365 system access on mobile devices.
At Scaleable Solutions, we have all the capabilities to handle any requirement of our clients towards development, enhancement and conversion in Power Platform. We understand the kith and kin of Power Platform and are fully equipped to handle any standard or custom development requirement in Power Platform.