In Dynamics CRM 2016, Microsoft introduced Web API. We can now consume Web API from outside of CRM but we have to register the app in Azure Active Directory.
Access Azure Instance from Office 365 tenant
Below are steps to access Azure Active Directory from Office 365 account.
- Sign in to Office 365 account.
- Click on the Azure AD link and it will redirect to the Azure Portal.
- Click on Browse and then click Active Directory.
- Active Directory section will be opened as shown below.
- If there is no subscription, following window will pop up. You can sign up for free trial for 30 days or buy a subscription.
Associate Office 365 tenant with another Azure Instance
If there is another Azure instance which already has a subscription then we can add an Office 365 tenant to that account. Steps are as follows:
- Sign in to Azure account
- Go to Active Directory section.Section will show all the Active Directories added to the account.
- Click the New button in the bottom section.
- A pop up window will open. In first column select App Services. In second column select Active directory. In third column select directory and finally select custom create.
- Select Use existing directory
- Azure will ask you to sign out and then sign in as a global administrator of the directory you want to connect.
- Sign in with the required UserId and it will confirm that Azure account will be added to Office 365 as an administrator.
- Sign out again.
- Sign in with the Azure account where the tenant is added and Active Directory will be displayed in the Active Directory section.